10 Best Fall 2017 Baltimore Area Events
Fall is our favorite time of year in Baltimore. Fall means colorful leaves, cooler temperatures, Free Fall Baltimore, and…. HALLOWEEN! We’ve been living in Baltimore forever- these are our 10 best Fall 2017 Baltimore area events .
- Submersive Productions’ | H.T. Darling’s Incredible Musaeum. It’s hard to describe the experience of visiting H.T. Darling’s Incredible Musaeum. It’s part theater, part choose your own adventure, and part social commentary. Guests are part of the show and interact with the performers. Uncover the secrets of the planet New Galapagos.
- Baltimore Beer Week. This craft beer festival takes place every fall with beer tastings and special events at venues throughout Baltimore. See their schedule for a full list of events. Also, make sure to hit Max’s on Broadway. It is the temple of all things beer in Baltimore!
- Baltimore Ghost Tours and Baltimore Wicked History Tours. You didn’t think we’d leave this out, did you? Get into the Halloween spirit with a ghost tour or haunted pub crawl with Baltimore Ghost Tours. Ghosts not for you? Explore the seedier side of Baltimore history with a wicked history tour or pub crawl in Baltimore’s Fells Point or Mt Vernon neighborhoods.
- Free Fall Baltimore. For even more activities, don’t forget about Free Fall Baltimore. Over 300 free events in Baltimore City – http://www.freefallbaltimore.org.
2017 Fall Events That Are Great for Kids
- Clark’s Elioak Farm. They have lots of great Fall events, appropriate for children of all ages. There is a pine tree maze that small children love, a pumpkin patch, and a petting zoo. Also visit the displays from The Enchanted Forest Amusement Park which was in Ellicot City from the 1950’s-1990’s.
- Weber’s Farm. Weber’s Farm is a yearly family tradition for many citizens of Baltimore. Visit this farm in Parkville for children’s activities like a hay maze and a kid friendly haunted house. Also come for the tractor rides, pumpkins, food, and music.
- Creative Alliance Lantern Parade. Join in the fun, or watch the parade as the lanterns light up the night.
Edgar Allan Poe Related Events
- Edgar Allan Poe House. Poe lived here as a young man for a couple of years around 1833 with his aunt and cousin, Virginia. Also, they have a nice collection of Poe artifacts and informed tour guides to show you around.
- Westminster Cemetery Tours. First of all-Edgar Allan Poe is buried here! This is a beautiful old cemetery with some interesting catacombs located near Univ. of Maryland’s Baltimore Campus. The cemetery holds tours April-November, and always has special events around Halloween.
- Charm City Clue Room’s Edgar Allan Poe Room. Many people know that Poe met his untimely demise in Baltimore. What if he left clues behind as to the cause of his death? Furthermore, what if those clues were in his abandoned study? You have one hour!