2023 Baltimore Group Events Planning Guide: Fells Point: Adult Birthday Parties, Bachelorette Parties, Corporate Events, and Group Activities in Baltimore
Turning 21, or hosting a corporate event or bachelorette party in Baltimore? Fells Point, a historic maritime village located along the Baltimore harbor, is the perfect place for 2023 Baltimore group events! From 5-star hotels to bars with nightly live music, Fells Point has it all, in a charming neighborhood setting. If you are planning a party or group activity in Baltimore’s Fells Point, look no further than this guide for event, hotel, and restaurant ideas. Get more ideas on what to do on the Kayak Baltimore Travel Guide.
Accommodation in/near Fells Point
- Sagamore Pendry: Located in the center of Fells Point. You can’t get any closer to the action in Fells Point than the newly opened, spectacular Sagamore Pendry Hotel.
- The Inn at Henderson’s Wharf– 6 minute walk, 0.3 miles from center of Fells Point
- Hyatt Place Baltimore/Inner Harbor– 10 minute walk, 0.5 mile from Fells Point center.
- Courtyard by Marriott– 12 minute walk. 0.6 miles from Fells Point center
- Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore: 11 minute walk, 0.5 miles from the center of Fells Point
- Baltimore Marriott Waterfront: 15 minute walk. 0.7 miles from the center of Fells Point
Transportation to/from Fells Point
- Baltimore Water Taxi: The easiest way to navigate the Baltimore harbor area. All water taxi routes stop in Fells Point at stop 11. Please note that water taxi service ends at 8:00pm. More info on the Fells Point Water Taxi stop. There are group discounts available for groups of 20 or more.
- Shuttle Services: List of Baltimore area shuttle services recommended by the Baltimore Convention and Visitors Center for 2018 Baltimore group events. Whether you need a small van or a large charter bus: https://baltimore.org/shuttle-service Also, many area hotels offer complimentary guest shuttle services to Baltimore’s various attractions.
- Charm City Circulator Bus: Green Route stop 121 near the North pavilion of the Broadway Market is the closest stop to the center of Fells Point. The stop is at Broadway and Fleet St. Continue South to reach the Fells Point square. More information on the Green Route.
Baltimore Group Activities and Baltimore Group Events
- Original Fells Point Haunted Pub Walk. Step through the doors of some of Fell’s Point’s most haunted pubs for a fascinating haunted pub crawl tour of this historic maritime neighborhood. Ages 21 and over only, lasts approximately 2 hours and visits 3-4 pubs during that time. During this event, guests can choose to buy a drink at each stop. Pricing: $20/pp for groups of 15 or more, or a flat fee of $300 if less than 15 people. There is no maximum- we break large groups up into groups of 20, each with their own tour guide. More group tour information is here.
- Original Fells Point Ghost Walk. This tour is similar to the Original Fells Point Haunted Pub Walk, but there are more stops and it does not go inside pubs. This is an all ages tour and lasts 1-1.5 hours, depending on the tour guide. More group activity information is here.
- Urban Pirates: Urban Pirates’ boats can hold up to 49 people and are available for private charter. You can bring your own grog on these cruises! Group discounts are also available for groups of 25 or more. More group event information is here.
- Mustang Alley’s: Mustang Alley’s is an upscale bowling alley with 12 lanes, a chef inspired menu, and a full service bar. It is within walking distance to Fells Point. Event space available for parties of 24-250 people. More group event information is here.
- Douglass-Myers Maritime Park: This museum is a national heritage site that honors the role of African Americans in Baltimore’s maritime history. The venue has spectacular views and has space available to rent for an upscale group event. More group event information is here.
- Urban Axes Throw axes at wooden targets! This experience is for groups of four or more and comes complete with an instructor and scorekeeper to guide your way.
Fells Point Restaurants and Bars for Groups
There are many options for dining in Fells Point. Some have designated spaces that they rent for 2022 Baltimore group events including:
- Bertha’s: Bertha’s is world famous for their mussels. We heard it was closing soon and being sold to new owners. As of Feb 2023, this hasn’t happened yet. Go while you still can!
- The Horse You Came in On: The Horse is the oldest bar in continuous operation as a bar in Baltimore city. They also have a private room that is available to rent to groups. Contact them for more information by calling 410-327-8111 or filling out their online form here.
- Max’s Taphouse: Max’s is one of the best beer bars in the world. Boasting a stock of over 1,000 bottles, 102 taps, and 5 casks. They have an upstairs bar that is available for groups. Contact information is here.
- Barcocina: Private Party Room for up to 135 people available. Complete group information including menus and open bar options here: http://www.barcocina.com/events
- Waterfront Hotel: Casual and lively bar with live music. Private parties and catering available: http://www.waterfronthotel.us/.
- Red Star Bar and Grill: Tucked away on Wolfe Street, the Red Star has an open and warm feel. Private parties for up to 200 people.